- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Look at you. Wearing an Amulet of Mara. Are you saying you’re available? – [Interested in me, are you?] – You are pleasant company, more than pleasant. And what about you? Would you… be interested in a life together?”Anwen’s MaRRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Female
- Race: Redguard
- Class: Priest
- Faction: Follower of Dibella
- Location: Temple of Dibella in Markarth
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
The only Redguard marriage option in the base game, Anwen is a Priestess of Dibella, the goddess of love and beauty. You may think that being a devotee of the beauty and love goddess, that Anwen and her fellow marriageable priestesses would be obvious choices for a spouse.
Unfortunately, there is a fairly significant bug that makes such a relationship potentially less ideal than it could be. While some people have successfully moved one of the priestesses into their homes as a live-in spouse, many players experience a bug where Anwen and the other priestesses say they will move in but them just return to the Temple of Dibella and continue on with their former lifestyle of religious piety.
While you can still visit the temple at any time to see your wife, pick up your shop earnings and your home-cooked meal, you will need to make a special trip to Markarth to do so. Note this doesn’t happen for every player.
How to marry Anwen
- Travel to the Temple of Dibella in Markarth.
- Sneak to the doorway to the Inner Sanctum and pick the lock while undetected in sneak (note: if you pick the lock while detected you will be attacked once you enter the Inner Sanctum). Sneak into the Inner Sanctum and get caught by Hamal.
- As an act of penitence, Hamal will give you the quest The Heart of Dibella. Complete the quest and return to the inner sanctum. Anwen will now be a marriage candidate and can be courted in the usual manner.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.