- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
Borgahk the Steel Heart
“That amulet. I’ve seen the Nords wear them when they’re looking to marry. With your strength, you should have no trouble – [Interested in me, are you?] – You’re strong. Clever. I’d be proud to face the challenges of life with you, if you feel the same way.”Borgahk the Steel Heart’S mARRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Female
- Race: Orsimer (Orc)
- Class: Orc Warrior
- Faction: Tribal Orcs, Potential member of The Blades
- Location: Mor Khazgur
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
Borgahk the Steel Heart is one of the more underrated spouses in Skyrim. Sure she’s an orc and she’s never going to be your sweet, petite damsel in distress. But wouldn’t you rather a kick-ass warrior partner to adventure with you throughout Skyrim? Borgahk’s definitely a handsome lady and makes for a formidable follower in combat, making use of heavy armour and wielding orcish weapons. Not only that, but if you choose to live with her you get to live in the Chief’s house – Larak’s Longhouse – which is a cozy hideaway that’s easily accessed via fast travel.
How to marry Borgahk the Steel Heart
- Locate Borgahk the Steel Heart in Mor Khazgur. You’ll find her practising on the training dummy outside Larak’s Longhouse.
- Speak to her and she’ll tell you that she’s jealous of your freedom and that she’s bound to be married to a chieftain from a different orc stronghold.
- Either pass a persuasion check or pay her dowry and Borgahk will become available as a follower. If you paid for her dowry you can take the gold back off her once you recruit her as a follower. Once she is a follower she will become a marriage candidate who can be wooed in the usual manner.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.