- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re not married? Surprising. – [Interested in me, are you?] – I am. I’d be glad to stand by your side until the Divines take us, if you’ll have me.”CALDER’s Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: Windhelm
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
If good things come to those who wait then Calder must surely be a great spouse. Unlike many marriage candidates who you can simply pay 500 gold to recruit as a follower before proposing to, Calder must be earned by becoming thane of Eastmarch. Once married, you can live together in Hjerim (the property you must purchase as a prerequisite to becoming Thane of Eastmarch), where Calder will serve as Housecarl as well as husband. In addition to being a proficient one-handed + shield warrior, Calder can also be recruited for The Blades.
How to Marry Calder
- Befriend the Jarl of Eastmarch via one of two methods. Either by following the Reunification of Skyrim questline (Brunwulf Free-Winter will become Jarl) or by completing Liberation of Skyrim (Ulfric Stormcloak will remain Jarl).
- A dialogue option related to becoming thane will appear. Discuss this with the Jarl and they will ask you to help out five citizens of Eastmarch and purchase the property Hjerim.
- Once you have helped out around Eastmarch and bought Hjerim return to the Jarl and he will declare you Thane of Eastmarch. He will also then appoint Calder as your Housecarl. At this point, Calder becomes a candidate for marriage.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.