- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that Lady Mara’s amulet? I’m shocked a fine person like you isn’t married already. – [Interested in me, are you?] – You have a kind heart. I’d be honored to walk by your side until the trees themselves fade away, if you would have me.”Derkeethus’ Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Argonian
- Class: Ranger
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: Trapped in Darkwater Pass in Darkwater Crossing
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
When you first come across Derkeethus he’s being held captive by the Falmer in Darkwater Pass. A miner from Goldenrock Mine, Derkeethus is much loved around town with several NPCs mentioning that they haven’t seen him lately and they miss him, prior to his rescue. Derkeethus is one of the few Argonians you can marry in Syrim. In combat as a follower he is skilled in Light Armor and Archery. He can be recruited into the Blades.
How to Marry Derkeethus
- Talk to NPCs around Darkwater Crossing until one of them mentions that Derkeethus has been captured and triggers the start of the quest “Extracting an Argonian“.
- Complete the quest by heading into Darkwater Pass and rescuing Derkeethus.
- Once Derkeethus is rescued he becomes available as a follower and also a marriage partner, at which point he can be married via the usual method.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.