- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Gilfre’s mARRIAGE Dialogue
- Gender: Female
- Race: Imperial
- Class: Lumberjack
- Faction: No
- Location: Mixwater Mill
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
The perfect character to marry if you want to live a quiet life in the countryside of Skyrim and come home to a cozy cottage. Gilfre runs her own business – Mixwater Mill – where you can live with her after marriage. She’s a down to earth lady and while not the prettiest in the game, and not able to follow you into battle, Gilfre is a hard worker and as a big plus, has a house that you can fast travel almost directly to. So if you do move in with her you’ll be able to very quickly and easily drop loot off at your cute country cottage after clearing out a dungeon.
How to Marry Gilfre
- Locate Gilfre at Mixwater Mill.
- Talk to her and she will mention buying any firewood off you that you want to sell.
- Use her chopping block to obtain some firewood. Sell it back to her and she becomes a candidate for marriage. You can now marry her via the usual process.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.