- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Look at you. Wearing an Amulet of Mara. Are you saying you’re available? – [Interested in me, are you?] – You are pleasant company, more than pleasant. And what about you? Would you… be interested in a life together?”Grelka’s MaRRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Female
- Race: Nord
- Class: Blacksmith
- Faction: No
- Location: Riften
- Trainer: Expert-Level Light Armor
- Follower: No
Strong Nord women don’t come much more badass than Grelka, one of the Blacksmiths selling her wares in Riften. Unfortunately, you can’t hire Grelka as a follower, but you can buy weapons and armour off her as well as getting Light Armor training up to level 75. If you’re playing on a PC you can also marry her through a console command.
The reason you need to use a console command to marry Grelka is that the favour quest to trigger her marriageability seems to be bugged. Sorry console players. There are some mods out there that let you marry her though that may be downloadable depending on the system you’re using.
How to Marry Grelka
- Locate Grelka at her store in the Riften market.
- While standing in front of her, press the tilde key (~) to open the console.
- When in the console, click on Grelka and then type in the following commands (pressing return after each line):
setrelationshiprank 0004E0B3 4
player.setrelationshiprank 0004E0B3 4
addfac 19809 1
- Leave console by pressing ~ again. Grelka can now be married via the usual method.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.