- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re looking for marriage, then. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Won’t lie, I am. And you?”Iona’s Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Female
- Race: Nord
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: Honeyside in Riften
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
While there’s a lot more work involved in wooing Iona then some potential spouses – you need to become Thane of The Rift and purchase Honeyside – it’s worth it to have a beautiful and badass Nord warrior by your side. Skilled with Archery, One-Handed and Block, the Heavy Armor wearing Iona can be recruited into The Blades.
Until you’ve become Thane of The Rift and purchased Honeyside, Iona doesn’t actually exist in the game. Once you own Honeyside though, Iona comes with the property as your Housecarl and will instantly be marriageable without having to complete any other favour quests.
How to Marry Iona
- Prove your worth to the Jarl of the Rift. You start the quest to do this by speaking to an Argonian called Wujeeta near the Riften Fishery.
- Build your reputation in the Rift by helping out its residents.
- Purchase Honeyside by talking to the Jarl’s Steward, Anuriel. When you go to your new home, Iona will be waiting for you and can be married via the usual method.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.