- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
Jordis the Sword-Maiden
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Jordis the Sword-Maiden’s mARRIAGE Dialogue
- Gender: Female
- Race: Nord
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: Proudspire Manor in Solitude
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
Much like Iona in Riften, Jordis the Sword-Maiden is another strong, beautiful Nord warrior who you can only marry after becoming thane, purchasing property and receiving her as Housecarl. Much like with Iona, Jordis is worth the wait however as she is a proficient combat companion and a warm spouse.
Another reason to aim for marriage with Jordis is that to do so requires you to obtain ownership of Proudspire Manor which is one of the nicest homes in Skyrim.
How to Marry Jordis the Sword-Maiden
- Talk to Falk Firebeard in The Blue Palace in Solitude to receive the quest The Man Who Cried Wolf. Complete the quest.
- After completing The Man Who Cried Wolf, speak to Jarl Elisif The Fair in the Blue Palace. Complete the quest she gives you called Elisif’s Tribute.
- After completing Elisif’s Tribute, Purchase Proudspire Manor from Falk Firebeard and help five Haafingar citizens to become Thane of Haafingar. You will now be appointed Jordis the Sword-Maiden as a Housecarl who can be married via the usual method.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.