- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Look at you. Wearing an Amulet of Mara. Are you saying you’re available? – [Interested in me, are you?] – You are pleasant company, more than pleasant. And what about you? Would you… be interested in a life together?”Octieve San’s MaRRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Breton
- Class: Citizen
- Faction: No
- Location: Solitude
- Trainer: No (You can gain one skill point in Two-Handed off him as a quest reward but no training other than that)
- Follower: No
Often found of a night-time drinking in the Winking Skeever in Solitude, Octieve San is a sugar daddy… without the sugar. If older men are your thing then you may be tempted to shack up with Octieve. But keep in mind that not only is he not a potential follower, he’s also a drunk, a gambling addict and generally pretty bitter about life.
The first thing he’ll tell you if you talk to him is that he’s up to his eyeballs in gambling debt. If you choose to help him get out of this debt (by either paying it off or passing a persuasion or intimidate check) he will reward you with one skill point in Two-Handed, which is pretty sweet. But you don’t have to be married to him to complete this mini-quest and get the skill point. All in all, he’s not looking particularly sweet as a marriage option.
How to Marry Octieve San
- Locate Octieve San in the Winking Skeever in Solitude.
- Ask him about his debts, you’ll then be able to start a quest to pay them off for him.
- Find Irnskar Ironhand in Solitude and convince him to forgive Octieve’s debts either through persuasion, intimidation or by paying them yourself. Return to Octieve and tell him the good news. He is now a marriage candidate.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.