- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Pavo Attius’ mARRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Imperial
- Class: Miner
- Faction: No
- Location: Initially Left Hand Mine and then Kolskeggr Mine, both near Markarth.
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
In a similar situation to potential Orc spouse Gat gro-Shargakh, Imperial mine owner Pavo Attius is perhaps in a worse state of affairs due to being the operator of the plundered mine, not just a worker. Not a follower or a trainer, apart from the usual marriage benefits, Pavo doesn’t have any particularly unique rewards.
If you do fancy the mine owner, something important to remember is that the only way to marry Pavo is to complete his Kolskeggr Mine quest which involves clearing the Kolskeggr Mine of Forsworn. Doing so will allow Pavo and the other miners to return to work at the mine. But like many other enemies in Skyrim, the defeated Forsword will eventually respawn, and when they do are likely to kill Pavo. If you install the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch the Forsworn will no longer respawn, so your spouse and his friends will be safe once the mine is cleared out. If you don’t have the patch mod installed it may be safest to ask Pavo to move into your house.
How to Marry Pavo Attius
- Locate Pavo Attius at the Left Hand Mine near Markarth and talk to him to trigger the Kolskeggr Mine quest.
- Travel east to Kolskeggr Mine and clear it of all Forsworn trespassers.
- Return to Left Hand Mine to tell Pavo the good news. Once the quest is completed he becomes a marriage candidate and can be courted in the usual way.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.