- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Quintus Navale’s mARRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Imperial
- Class: Sorceror
- Faction: No
- Location: The White Phial in Windhelm
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
The following text includes a spoiler alert for the White Phial side quests and the characters involved. It’s not a huge part of the game but if you’ve never played Skyrim before and you don’t want anything at all spoiled then probably don’t read this marriage guide until after you’ve completed The White Phial and Repairing The Phial.
An ambitious and wholesome apprentice alchemist, Quintus Navale is a popular – but unfortunately quite bugged – marriage candidate. You need to go through a fairly involved questline (Quests: The White Phial and Repairing The Phial) before he becomes a marriage candidate. After this, if you do decide to marry him, your wedding will likely be ruined by the corpse of Quintus’ former master Nurelion – who dies at the end of Repairing The Phial – showing up at the wedding.
It is possible to avoid this happening using console commands if you’re playing on PC. The folks over on the UESP Skyrim page for Quintus Navale have kindly provided the following method for avoiding this marriage wrecking bug:
Enter the temple of Mara hours before the wedding starts, then open the console and enter prid 1B115, then resurrect. Wait for the wedding to start and Nurelion will show up alive. When the wedding is over and Nurelion has left, open the console again and enter prid 1B115, then kill, then markfordelete. This will make sure he won’t be back at the White Phial.
- Talk to Quintus’ Alchemy master Nurelion at the White Phial in Windhelm to start the quest The White Phial.
- Complete the White Phial and then the next quest in the questline: Repairing the Phial.
- Upon completion of the White Phial questline, Quintus Navale will become a marriage candidate and can be married in the usual manner, with one change required to avoid a bug that can ruin the wedding.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day.
- Open the console and type in prid 1B115 and then resurrect. This will bring Nurelion back to life so he doesn’t show up as a corpse at the wedding.
- Walk outside and wait 24 hours. Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.
- After the wedding, when Nurelion has left, open the console again and type prid 1B115, then kill, then markfordelete. This will send old Nurelion back to his eternal rest,