- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Ria’S mARRIAGE Dialogue
- Gender: Female
- Race: Imperial
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: The Companions, potential member of The Blades
- Location: Jorrvaskr in Whiterun
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
If you want a marriage partner who also joins you in combat as a follower, Ria has a unique benefit in that she is one of the few followers in Skyrim who will naturally duel wield one-handed weapons. She’s also one of the crowd favourites when it comes to supposedly attractive spouses and can be recruited into The Blades.
How to Marry Ria
- Visit Ria‘s home: Jorrvaskr in Whiterun.
- Speak to the leader of the Companions, Kodlak Whitemane, and ask to join the Companions, to start the Companions questline.
- Complete the questline and ask Ria to be your follower. Once you have recruited her as a follower the usual process for getting married can be followed.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.