- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Look at you. Wearing an Amulet of Mara. Are you saying you’re available? – [Interested in me, are you?] – You are pleasant company, more than pleasant. And what about you? Would you… be interested in a life together?”Sorex Vinius’ MaRRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Imperial
- Class: Food Vendor
- Faction: No
- Location: The Winking Skeever in Solitude
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
As far as good looking men in Skyrim go, Sorex Vinius is often touted as one of the more handsome options. The Imperial Merchant also comes with an extra benefit above and beyond the usual homecooked meals, daily store profits and “Lover’s Comfort“. Namely, that if you choose to move in with Sorex after the wedding you get to live in The Winking Skeever, a beautiful Inn in Solitude, one of the most picturesque cities in Skyrim. Not a bad option, even if you just want to marry him for the real estate.
How to Marry Sorex Vinius
- Locate Sorex Vinius in The Winking Skeever in Solitude.
- Talk to Sorex to receive the miscellaneous quest of delivering a bottle of rum to the Blue Palace.
- After delivering the rum return to Sorex and he will reward you with a levelled sum of gold. After his quest completion, he will also become a marriage candidate, at which point he can be courted in the usual manner.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.