- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re looking for marriage, then. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Won’t lie, I am. And you?”Stenvar’s Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
Like brutish, talkative older guys who can handle themselves in a fight? Stenvar might be your cup of tea. Don’t let the fact that he’s a bit on the senior side fool you, this heavy-armor wearing, two-handed weapon wielding powerhouse can definitely handle himself in battle. You can also recruit him into The Blades.
Luckily for those of you who are into tough older men romantically, he’s not just a viable follower but can also become a marriage candidate quite easily. While a brutish warrior, once married Stenvar has quite a tender tone with the Dragonborn.
How to Marry Stenvar
- Locate Stenvar in Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm.
- Hire him as a follower for 500 gold.
- Once you have Stenvar recruited as a follower, he becomes a marriage candidate and you may court him in the usual manner.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.