- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“You’re wearing Mara’s amulet? You? I’d marry you. I’d marry you twice. – [Interested in me, are you?] – I’d be a fool to turn down a chance of marrying you. I’m game if you’re game!”Torvar’s Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: The Companions, potential member of The Blades
- Location: Jorrvaskr in Whiterun
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
From the research I’ve done online, the reviews on having Torvar as a husband are mixed. There are some people, like the poster in this thread who think he’s a real sweety, and then others like this unhappily married forum member who are disgusted in his drunken ways.
If you want to find out for yourself you can find Torvar when you join The Companions in Whiterun, as – apart from you – he is their newest recruit. Once you complete The Companions’ questline you can ask him to be your follower, and if the mood strikes, to be your dearly beloved as well. Is he a real sweety? An alchoholic? Both? I guess you’ll just have to try him out and see.
How to Marry Torvar
- Visit Torvar’s home: Jorrvaskr in Whiterun.
- Speak to the leader of the Companions, Kodlak Whitemane, and ask to join the Companions, to start the Companions questline.
- Complete the questline and ask Torvar to be your follower. Once you have recruited him as a follower the usual process for getting married can be followed.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.