- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re not married? Surprising. – [Interested in me, are you?] – I am. I’d be glad to stand by your side until the Divines take us, if you’ll have me.“Vilkas’ Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord Werewolf
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: The Companions, The Circle, potential member of The Blades.
- Location: Jorrvaskr in Whiterun
- Trainer: Master-level Two-Handed
- Follower: Yes
Some of us are Farkas kinda people – kind, dumb, loveable. And others prefer his brother Vilkas – much smarter, maybe not so kind, still loveable depending on your tastes. The more cunning half of the well known and loved Jorrvaskr based siblings, Vilkas is a formidable warrior, can be recruited into The Blades, and offers his skills as a Master-Level Two-Handed trainer (which you can get for free by taking back the money you pay him if he’s your follower). What more could you ask for in a hubby?
Like the other marriageable members of The Companions to ask for his hand you’ll need to complete The Companions questline and take him on as a follower before you pop the question.
How to Marry Vilkas
- Visit Vilkas’ home: Jorrvaskr in Whiterun.
- Speak to the leader of the Companions, Kodlak Whitemane, and ask to join the Companions, to start the Companions questline.
- Complete the questline and ask Vilkas to be your follower. Once you have recruited him as a follower the usual process for getting married can be followed.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.