- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Look at you. Wearing an Amulet of Mara. Are you saying you’re available? – [Interested in me, are you?] – You are pleasant company, more than pleasant. And what about you? Would you… be interested in a life together?”Taarie’s MaRRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Female
- Race: Altmer (High Elf)
- Class: Tailor
- Faction: No
- Location: Radiant Raiment in Solitude
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
Taarie is a somewhat haughty and rude tailor who runs Radiant Raiment in Solitude with her sister. If you’ve played much Skyrim in the past you’ll probably remember her as the character who constantly insults your clothes when you encounter her.
Unfortunately, if you’re both a fan of high elves and also thin-skinned you’re going to be in a tricky situation as Taarie is the only Altmer marriage candidate in the game. That being said, she does warm up to you considerably once you marry her and stops chiding you for your choice in clothing.
If you choose to live with her after marriage in the Radiant Raiment, her sister Endarie will still live there with you and will continue to treat you suspiciously even though it’s now your home.
How to Marry Taarie
- Locate Taarie at the Radiant Raiment in Solitude.
- Talk with her and choose the dialogue option “So what should I wear to the Blue Palace?”. If it doesn’t show up try waiting and reentering conversation with her a few times until she comments negatively about your clothing, after which the above dialogue prompt should come up. This will then trigger the quest Fit For A Jarl.
- Complete Fit For A Jarl by wearing the outfit that Taarie gives you to the Blue Palace, showing it to the Jarl, getting her opinion and then returning to Taarie.
- You then need to invest in The Radiant Raiment through Taarie. To do this you will need to have your Speech levelled to 70 and have unlocked the Investor perk. After you have done this Taarie will be a marriage candidate and can be married via the usual method.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.