- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
Aela the Huntress
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re looking for marriage, then. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Won’t lie, I am. And you?”Aela the Huntress’ Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Female
- Race: Nord Werewolf
- Class: Thief
- Faction: The Companions
- Location: Jorrvaskr in Whiterun
- Trainer: Expert-level Archery trainer
- Follower: Yes
One of the most popular Skyrim spouses, famous for her skill in battle and good looks, Aela the Huntress is a member of Whiterun’s Companions faction and can be recruited into The Blades. As well as being a useful follower in combat – especially for a melee playstyle which she complements well with her ranged bow attacks – Aela is an expert-level Archery trainer.
As with any followers who offer training, you can get this training for free by hiring Aela, paying her for training and then taking the gold back off her.
How to marry Aela The Huntress
- Visit Aela the Huntress’ home: Jorrvaskr in Whiterun.
- Speak to the leader of the Companions, Kodlak Whitemane, and ask to join the Companions, to start the Companions questline.
- Complete the questline and ask Aela to be your follower. Once you have recruited her as a follower the usual process for getting married can be followed.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.