- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Ainethach’S mARRIAGE Dialogue
Apart from owning his own mine in Karthwasten and a house with a spacious deck, Ainethach also sports the most impressive mutton chops in Skyrim – potentially in all of Tamriel. If you’re allured by his perfectly smooth head and waistcoat made out of a quilt, you’ll be pleased to know that he’s just one quest away from proposing to you. All you have to do is help him out with a pesky thug problem and the sexy sideburns are all yours.
How to Marry Ainethach
- When you first approach Karthwasten, you’ll find Ainethach arguing with a group of Silver-Blood Mercenaries.
- Talk to Ainethach and he’ll ask for your help dealing with the thugs, which will start the quest Sanuarach Mine.
- Complete the Sanurach Mine quest by either killing the mercenaries or convincing them to leave Ainethach alone.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.