- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
Mjoll the Lioness
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re not married? Surprising. – [Interested in me, are you?] – I am. I’d be glad to stand by your side until the Divines take us, if you’ll have me.”Mjoll the Lioness’ Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Female
- Race: Nord
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: Riften
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
Much like Aela the Huntress, Mjoll the Lioness is one of the most frequently mentioned spouses in “Top Wives of Skyrim” type listicles. Why is she so popular? On a superficial level, she’s an attractive lady. But more than that she’s a genuinely good-hearted character who’s taken it on herself to clean up the streets of Riften. If you’re playing a character with a strong moral compass you’ll likely find Mjoll has very compatible values.
As well as her personality, Mjoll also makes a great spouse due to her proficiency in battle when recruited as a follower. She’ll use a levelled battleaxe to fight but will swap this out for her favourite sword Grimsever after the player has retrieved it for her as part of the pre-marriage/follower-recruitment process.
When married you can choose to live in Mjoll’s house in Riften with her. One thing to note about this, however, is that the house actually belongs to Aerin, Mjoll’s BFF. If you’re the jealous type you may want to rethink your marriage plans as Mjoll and Aerin are very close and even after you marry her, Aerin may hang around her a lot, even going so far as to visit at your new house if you choose to move Mjoll somewhere else.
How to Marry Mjoll the Lioness
- Wait until you’re level 14. Locate Mjoll the Lioness in Riften, either wandering around town or at the Bee and Barb.
- Start a conversation with her to get her to talk about her lost sword. Offer to retrieve it for her and this will trigger the quest Grimsever’s Return.
- Retrieve Grimsever to complete the quest and return it to Mjoll. She will then become a potential follower and spouse, at which point the usual courting process can be followed.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.