- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Angrenor Once-Honored’S mARRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord
- Class: Beggar
- Faction: No
- Location: Gray Quarter in Windhelm
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
Angrenor is the only beggar in the game who you can marry. He may not have a lot to offer when it comes to money or property, but he’s easy to impress and he’s got a heroic back story. A former Stormcloak soldier, he was a fearsome warrior who fought in the Great War until he lost everything after being stabbed in the chest. Even if you don’t marry him, Angrenor will put you in his will if you give him 1 gold coin. If he dies you’ll receive 100 gold inheritance.
A couple of things to keep in mind here: a) He’s homeless, b) he wears literal rags. If you’re playing on PC you can use console commands to reclothe him, but no such luck on console. Also he’s kinda racist (e.g. “Hey, maybe the reason these gray-skins don’t help in the war is because they’re Imperial spies!”).
Also even though he technically lives in Candleheart Hall, you can’t move in with him and share a bed to get the Lover’s Comfort buff. You’ll need to bring him to live with you if you want to share a bed. On the plus side, he is tall and pretty hunky (not to mention a war hero).
How to Marry Angrenor Once-Honored
- Locate Angrenor around Candlehearth Hall or in the Gray Quarter.
- Give him 1 gold.
- That’s it, no need to do any quests.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.