- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
Argis the Bulwark
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re looking for marriage, then. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Won’t lie, I am. And you?”Argis the Bulwark’s Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: No
- Location: Housecarl in Markarth
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
Markarth Housecarl Argis is a popular choice of husband among the ‘likes-em-big-and-husky’ crowd. He can definitely handle himself in a fight, and there are anecdotal reports in a number of online forums that unlike Farkas, Argis will never turn on you if he sees you commit a crime.
Even if you don’t marry him Argis will serve you with his life if you become Thane of Markarth. On the flip side, there are a couple of bugs where Argis will mercilessly beat other NPCs at inappropriate times. In other words, he’s got a little anger problem.
How to Marry Argis the Bulwark
- Become Thane of Markarth.
- This includes, killing groups of Forsworn for the Jarl, retrieving Hrolfdir’s Shield and purchasing the property, assisting Markarth citizens and purchasing Vlindrell Hall.
- You will then be granted Argis the Bulwark as a personal Housecarl. Once he is your Housecarl he becomes a marriage candidate.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.