- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Muiri’s mARRIAGE Dialogue
- Gender: Female
- Race: Breton
- Class: Apothecary
- Faction: No
- Location: The Hag’s Cure in Markarth
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
If you’re an alchemist and looking for a female spouse you may want to consider Muiri as a marriage candidate, as she is the only female marriageable dedicated alchemist in the game. On top of that, she’s often heralded as being one of the most attractive female NPC’s.
That being said, there are a few downsides to marrying Muiri. One is that she will constantly thank you for solving her problem. Although you can solve her dialogue issue with the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch mod.
The other, more thorny issue, is the nature of that problem you solved, and how you need to solve it. Basically, your wife to be is a cold-hearted contract killer, or at least, someone who hires contract killers. The primary means to turn Muiri into a marriage candidate is to join the Dark Brotherhood and work your way through the questline until you’re given a quest to carry out a hit requested by Muiri.
If your speech is high enough, there is a secondary method for marrying Muiri which is to kill the original owner of the Hag’s Cure – Bothela – without Muiri seeing (as it would lower her disposition towards you. Muiri will then become owner of the Hag’s Cure, at which point you can invest in her shop if you have Speech levelled to 70 and the Investor perk.
So unfortunately for those playing a “good” aligned character, you must kill at least one person to marry Muiri. Technically though you don’t have to kill Bothela yourself, instead you could use a Frenzy type Illusion spell to cause another NPC to do the dirty deed.
How to Marry Muiri
- Join the Dark Brotherhood and work your way through the questline until you get given the quest Mourning Never Comes. Kill both Alain Dufont and the optional target of Nilsine Shatter-shield to complete the quest fully and then return to Muiri to let her know the assassination is complete.
- OR kill Bothela so that Muiri becomes the new owner of the Hag’s Cure. With Speech levelled to 70 and the Investor perk unlocked, invest in the Hag’s Cure.
- After completing either option 1 or 2 above, Muiri’s disposition towards you will be raised and she will be a marriage candidate who can be courted in the usual maner.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.