- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re looking for marriage, then. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Won’t lie, I am. And you?”Balimund’s Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord
- Class: Blacksmith
- Faction: No
- Location: The Scorched Hammer in Riften
- Trainer: Expert-level Smithing
- Follower: No
“Come to see Balimund perform miracles with steel, eh?” 😉 Balimund is certainly handy with a hammer and can also teach you to be proficient yourself as he’s an expert-level trainer in Smithing. His basement has iron and steel ingots that replenish themselves once a month. He could do with a clean-up but if you’re into the dirty look he does have a certain rustic charm.
How to Marry Balimund
- Locate Balimund at his forge outside The Scorched Hammer in Riften.
- Chat to him until he gives you the miscellaneous quest to bring him fire salts.
- Bring Balimund 10 fire salts.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.