- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re not married? Surprising. – [Interested in me, are you?] – I am. I’d be glad to stand by your side until the Divines take us, if you’ll have me.”Filnjar’s Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord
- Class: Blacksmith
- Faction: No
- Location: Filnjar’s House in Shor’s Stone
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
While he can’t accompany you on your adventures, and doesn’t offer any training (even though he’s a blacksmith himself), Marriage with Filnjar does have some benefits. Firstly because he’s a blacksmith, you get better access to smithing supplies, also you get to live in Filnjar’s House, which while not a mansion is a perfectly decent (albeit humble) home. The best part about living there is it’s only a few feet from the fast travel landing point in Shor’s Stone. This means you can very quickly drop off loot when you’re out and about.
How to Marry Filnjar
- Locate Filnjar in Shor’s Stone.
- Talk to him to get the quest Mine or Yours which involves clearing a number of Frostbite Spiders out of Redbelly Mine.
- When you’ve completed the quest return to Filnjar who will reward you with a levelled sum of gold. Once the quest is complete, Filnjar will become a marriage candidate, at which point the usual method for becoming married can be followed.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.