- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
Uthgerd the Unbroken
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re looking for marriage, then. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Won’t lie, I am. And you?”Uthgerd the Unbroken’s Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Female
- Race: Nord
- Class: Warrior
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: The Bannered Mare in Whiterun
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
Uthgerd the Unbroken is one of the toughest followers you can find in Skyrim and can be recruited into The Blades. If you talk to her you’ll discover that she once attempted to join The Companions but accidentally killed the person they asked her to brawl with to gain admittance. Funnily enough, it’s through a brawl that you woo her as a marriage candidate. While perhaps not the most conventionally pretty companion she is a bad-ass that can hold her own in any combat situation and makes for an excellent adventuring spouse. Plus she has her own cute house in Whiterun that you can live in with her after marriage if you so choose.
How to Marry Uthgerd
- Locate Uthgerd the Unbroken in The Banned Mare in Whiterun.
- Talk to Uthgerd and she’ll challenge you to a brawl. Defeat her in this brawl and she’ll give you 100 gold and become a potential follower and marriage candidate. At this point she can be married through the usual process.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.