- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“An Amulet of Mara? You’re not married? Surprising. – [Interested in me, are you?] – I am. I’d be glad to stand by your side until the Divines take us, if you’ll have me.“WILHELM’S Marriage DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Nord
- Class: Food Vendor
- Faction: No
- Location: Vilemyr Inn in Ivarstead
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
For those of you tired of the hustle and bustle of city life, yearning to settle down with a rustic, rural man in a nice country setting, then Wilhelm may be the match you’ve been waiting for. The ruggedly handsome (albeit bald) Nord inn-keeper runs the quaint Vilemyr Inn in Ivarstead.
Granted, you do have to go off on a draugr-bashing adventure to earn the right to ask for his hand in marriage, but once you do, you could spending your retirement bedded down in the idyllic countryside of Ivarstead enjoying Wilhelm’s home cooking and the comfort of your very own inn.
How to Marry Wilhelm
- Locate Wilhelm in the Vilemyr Inn in Ivarstead.
- Talk to him to receive the quest Lifting The Shroud, that requires you to clear a dungeon for him.
- Complete the quest and return to Wilhelm and he’ll become a marriage candidate who can be married through the usual process.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.