- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“That amulet. I’ve seen the Nords wear them when they’re looking to marry. With your strength, you should have no trouble – [Interested in me, are you?] – You’re strong. Clever. I’d be proud to face the challenges of life with you, if you feel the same.”Gat gro-Shargakh’S mARRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Orsimer (Orc)
- Class: Miner
- Faction: No
- Location: Kolskeggr Mine
- Trainer: No
- Follower: No
If you’re into big, strong, tough husbands then an Orsimer spouse might be for you. As well as being a total badass, Gat Gro-Shargakh can also be surprisingly sweet to you when married. In addition to the usual spousal benefits like opening a shop to provide you with 100 gold per day, Gat can also help you out by letting the Orc Strongholds know that you’re trustworthy after you clear out the mine in the Kolskeggr Mine Quest. This will allow you access if you’re not an Orsimer yourself. On the downside, Keep in mind that after clearing out the mine the Forsworn can return and can kill Gat. The Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch fixes this, but if you’re not using this mod it may be best to ask Gat to move into your house so he’s protected from the Forsworn that respawn inside and around Kolskeggr Mine.
How to Marry Gat gro-Shargakh
- Locate Pavo Attius at the Left Hand Mine and talk to him to trigger the Kolskeggr Mine Quest where he asks you to clear out the Forsworn from the mine.
- Complete the mission and then speak to both Pavo and Gat.
- Once the quest is completed, Gat will become amenable to marriage and you can court him in the usual manner.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.