- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”mARCURIO’S mARRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Imperial
- Class: Mage
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: The Bee and Barb in Riften
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
If you’re after a smart alec mage who can handle himself in battle and also has an in-depth knowledge of Dwemer technology then Marcurio is your guy. He’s a mage who prefers lightning magic and also casts Turn Undead in battle. He’s a decent follower in combat with proficiency in Alteration, Restoration and Destruction and he can be recruited into the Blades.
One of the best benefits of marrying him is that you get to reside in the Bee and Barb in Riften which is a pretty cool home base. Also if you have children with him he’s one of the only marriageable NPC’s who has dialogue available related to the children.
Note: While Marcurio is known for his wit and banter as a follower during adventuring, there’s anacedotal evidence that after marriage he becomes much quieter. Some people have found that when he accompanies the Dragonborn on a mission after marriage, he’s much quieter and all his witty banter is absent, which can be disappointing if that was one of your reasons for marrying him.
How to Marry Marcurio
- Locate Marcurio in The Bee and Barb in Riften.
- Hire him as a follower for 500 gold.
- Once you’ve recruited him as a follower you can then commence the courting process in the usual manner.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.