- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
“Is that an Amulet of Mara? I’m surprised someone like you isn’t spoken for. – [Interested in me, are you?] – Well, yes. Why wouldn’t I be? Are you… interested in me?”Sylgja’S mARRIAGE Dialogue
While not a potential trainer or a follower, Sylgja does have a cute mining cottage that you can live in with her in the peaceful town of Shor’s Stone. Popularly admired for her looks, Sylgja is very easy to convert into a marriage prospect, requiring only a basic delivery quest to raise her disposition towards the player. The hardworking miner offers all the usual marriage benefits: Homecooked Meals, opening a shop that pays 100 gold a day to the player and the Lover’s Comfort bonus after sleeping in her presence.
How to Marry Sylgja
- To start the quest that allows you to marry Sylgja you must have previously completed the quest Mine or Yours, which involves clearing some Frostbite Spiders out of Redbelly Mine in Shor’s Stone.
- After clearing the mine, wait a few days and then return to Redbelly Mine where you’ll find Sylgja working. Speak to her and agree to deliver a parcel for her to her family.
- Complete the delivery quest, Special Delivery, and return to Sylgja. She will now be a marriage candidate who can be married through the usual process.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.