- Click here for the full list of marriageable Skyrim characters and comprehensive Skyrim marriage guide.
Ghorbash the Iron Hand
“That amulet. I’ve seen the Nords wear them when they’re looking to marry. With your strength, you should have no trouble – [Interested in me, are you?] – You’re strong. Clever. I’d be proud to face the challenges of life with you, if you feel the same.”Ghorbash the Iron Hand’S mARRIAGE DIALOGUE
- Gender: Male
- Race: Orsimer (Orc)
- Class: Ranger
- Faction: Potential member of The Blades
- Location: Burguk’s Longhouse in Dushnikh Yal.
- Trainer: No
- Follower: Yes
Like his Bretheran Gat Gro-Shargakh, the second of the three marriageable Orsimer, Ghorbash the Iron Hand is big, cuddly and can crush a man’s skull with his bare hands. Like all Orc husbands, Ghorbash is also remarkably sweet when you get on his matrimonial side.
Marrying Ghorbash also comes with the benefit of moving into his brother’s house. His brother just happens to be the chief of the stronghold – Chief Burguk – and therefore you get to live in the best building in town: Burguk’s Longhouse.
Ghorbash has a fleshed-out backstory, having left home to fight in the imperial army and then returned to find his brother was the new chief (after Burguk killed their father, as is Orsimer custom). He can also be recruited into the blades.
How to Marry Ghorbash the Iron Hand
- Gain admittance into Dushnikh Yal by completing the fetch quest of retrieving the Forgemasters Fingers and giving them to the Stronghold Chief Burguk.
- Once you have completed the fetch quest and been named blood-kin, find Ghorbash the Iron Hand near Burguk’s Longhouse, talk to him and ask him if he misses travelling.
- Ghorbash will then tell you that he does miss travelling but he’s going to stay at home. Convince him to go travelling again by passing an easy speech check. He will now be available as a follower. Once you’ve recruited him as a follower Ghorbash will become a marriage candidate and the courtship can be completed as per the usual method.
- Purchase an Amulet of Mara from Maramal in Riften. If you haven’t visited Riften before you’ll find Maramal in The Bee and Barb, otherwise try the Temple of Mara.
- Make sure you’ve discussed marriage with Maramal (dialogue won’t trigger otherwise), wear the Amulet of Mara and go talk to your beloved. The marriage dialogue option will now be available – “Interested in me, are you?”.
- After agreeing to get married, visit Maramal again and he will set the date for your wedding for the next day. Walk outside and wait 24 hours.
- Walk back into the temple of Mara. Your spouse will be present and the wedding ceremony will commence.